Question: maximum RAM memory supported by Ubuntu 14.04 64bit

Shio Gai Quek quekshg at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 7 19:08:03 UTC 2014

Dear All:
My name is S. G. Quek from Malaysia.I am a PhD candidate doing research in Pure Mathematics.Right now I am using a workstation with 32 Gb of RAM.I am looking forward to own a "compute-server" with RAM surpassing 192 Gb.
As we all know, 192 Gb is the maximum RAM memory supported by Windows 7 ultimate 64bit.

So I would like to confirm the following questions:
1. What is the maximum RAM memory supported by Ubuntu 14.04 Desktop 64bit ?

2. What is the maximum RAM memory supported by Ubuntu 14.04 Server 64bit ?
If any of these two supports more than 256Gb, it will be the OS of my coming compute-server.

Hope to hear from you soon.
My Utmost Regards.
S. G. Quek