[MRE] Iscsitarget 1.4.20.3+svn490 into Precise

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Wed Apr 9 17:03:52 UTC 2014

James Page [2014-04-04 12:31 +0100]:
> [r499] Compatibility with 3.13 kernel (LP: #1291641).

+1 from me for this, as we are planning to backpor the trusty kernel
this needs to be fixed anyway.

> [r498] Fix backward compatibility patch rules for 3.x kernels.
> [r497] Fix SERVICE ACTION IN / READ CAPACITY (16) - regression from r488.

These seem to be fairly normal bug fixes, and appropriate regression
tests to check iscsi on both the current precise as well as the
backported trusty kernel should cover these as well.

> And a single fix in the packaging to make the init script retry
> unloading of the kernel module a few times if it fails at first.

Why does it fail, because the device is still busy?

OOI, why does the init script need to unload the kmod at all? If it's
at all avoidable, I'd rather not try that at all. I've seen kernel
panics, hangs, and other nasty things when trying to unload modules,
I wouldn't generally consider that safe especially in such an
automatic and hard to avoid way.

Thanks,

Martin