MRE for juju-core/juju-mongodb

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Wed Apr 9 16:58:06 UTC 2014

James Page [2014-04-07 17:05 +0100]:
> When we discussed this a vUDS many moons ago I think the rationale for
> this was if we hit a critical or security bug which could not be
> backported to the stable release on MongoDB, based on complexity and
> associated risk, rather than generally as and when.
>
> I guess we would deal with that as an exceptional SRU rather than
> requiring a blanket 'you can do major release upgrades' from the TB.
> It would require deeper testing than a regular point release anyway.
>
> Does that sound like a more sensible approach?

Yes, it does from my POV. Before we grant blanket MREs we usually
require some good record of successful MREs in actual SRUs; as the
go-ified juju is still rather new and hasn't really seen SRUs, I think
it's too early to talk about MREs.

Ordinarily I trust the SRU team to decide whether a new microrelease
with a couple of bug fixes fits the normal SRU criteria; if there is a
case where there are tons of changes, or new features, I'd rather
bring this up again as a concrete case.

Thanks,

Martin