Request for Adding Ubuntu Kylin Archive

Steve Langasek steve.langasek at canonical.com
Tue Apr 8 00:47:23 UTC 2014

On Sat, Apr 05, 2014 at 09:07:10AM -0400, Marc Deslauriers wrote:

> > I think we can at least set the following high level requirements:
> >  - Uploaders must be Ubuntu members and have signed the CoC (I'd have
> >    been tempted to require ~ubuntu-dev but that'd mean pretty much nobody
> >    on the Kylin team would be able to upload...)
> >  - Packages must be built on the same infrastructure as Ubuntu, using
> >    the same builder pool and build chroots.
> >  - The result must be signed by a GPG key managed by Canonical (not
> >    provided to the Kylin team) within the Canonical infrastructure.
> >  - That GPG key must be separate from any other key currently in use and
> >    should be (not a hard requirement for 14.04) signed by the archive
> >    master key.
> >  - Distribution will be done through a server managed by the Kylin team
> >    which will get its content from a private server on Canonical's network.

> > That should leave enough room for implementation details to be decided
> > by the relevant teams (Launchpad, IS, Kylin) while enforcing the bits I
> > actually care about.

> Can we add to the requirements that the packages in the repository must adhere
> to the Extension Repository Policy (or perhaps a slightly adjusted version)?

This has also been captured at
<https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Ubuntu%20Kylin/Ubuntu%20Kylin%20Archive>.
Currently, it's written as:

  Packages in the repository must adhere to the Extension Repository Policy.
  If there is any exception, there should be a request to Ubuntu Technical
  Board.

I think we should drop the second sentence: there should never be exceptions
to the Extension Repository Policy here, but the TB can amend that policy as
necessary, so it's redundant to spell this out here.