Fw:Re:Re: Request for Adding Ubuntu Kylin Archive

jackyu at ubuntukylin.com jackyu at ubuntukylin.com
Thu Apr 3 12:01:07 UTC 2014

I resend my response since I can't find my email on https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/technical-board/2014-April/thread.html :(.

Jack

-------- 转发邮件信息 --------
发件人:jackyu at ubuntukylin.com
发送日期:2014-04-03 10:57:13
收件人:"Stéphane Graber" <stgraber at ubuntu.com>
抄送人:"technical-board at lists.ubuntu.com" <technical-board at lists.ubuntu.com>,iain.lane at canonical.com,jason.warner at canonical.com,mitya57 at ubuntu.com,"Leonard Tsai" <leonard.tsai at canonical.com>
主题:Re:Re: Request for Adding Ubuntu Kylin Archive

Hi Stéphane,

Thanks for your response.  We are sorry for submitting this request so late. We have discussed this internally Since Dec last year and prepared the Archive for a long time.

As we discussed and agreed with Mark at Beiijng meeting on Dec, 2013, this archive only includes Chinese commercial packages (Currently, they are WPS office suite, Kingsoft Kuaipan and Sogou Input Method) in 14.04 cycle. Since these packages includes commercial SDK, we build and  sign them locally. ADD/REMOVE/MODIFY packages in this archive would be decided by Ubuntu Kylin Council (https://launchpad.net/~ubuntukylin-council). The signing keys will also be maintained by Ubuntu Kylin Council.

Since 14.04 is the first Ubuntu Kylin LTS release, we want to provide our users a better experience on our Chinese customized features. We are very appreciative if you can get this accepted for Trusty.

--
Regards,
Jack Yu