Readjusting SRU review process

Brian Murray brian at ubuntu.com
Fri May 24 15:00:15 UTC 2013

On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 05:44:50AM +0200, Martin Pitt wrote:
> Brian Murray [2013-05-23 15:00 -0700]:
> > Given that Launchpad API doesn't expose a way to contact users, what
> > would be the best way of sending the uploader of a package being
> > rejected email?
>
> I've seldomly actually done that in my SRU review times. Instead, I
> followed up on the bug(s) with the reasons why the upload was
> rejected. In the (rare) cases where an SRU upload did not refer to any
> bugs, I just sent an IRC notification to the uploader.

I think not rejecting uploads when something is missing causes duplicate
work for the other members of the SRU team as they end up reviewing the
same SRU and upload only to discover that it is missing information.
This is particularly true since the queue doesn't know if an SRU bug is
incomplete.

Having said that, I currently don't reject things because there is not a
good way to communicate the reason for rejection to the uploader.

--
Brian