Flavor Review Request for Ubuntu GNOME

Allison Randal allison at ubuntu.com
Tue Mar 5 14:28:53 UTC 2013

On 03/05/2013 03:22 AM, Jonathan Carter (highvoltage) wrote:

> Aren't remixes and a flavours distinctly different concepts?
>
> If I'm not mistaken, remixes are for spins that happen outside of the
> Ubuntu project officially, such as the Ubuntu Business Remix.

Yes, the traditional definition of "Remix" is "your project is a
development effort related to the Ubuntu source, but that the software
you are working upon is not in fact Ubuntu as distributed by the Ubuntu
project". (http://www.ubuntu.com/aboutus/trademarkpolicy) i.e. Flavors
are not Remixes. Mark's point was avoiding the word "Edition", which
we've done.

Allison