Retiring from TB at end of term

Matt Zimmerman mdz at ubuntu.com
Sat Jul 20 18:16:22 UTC 2013

Likewise, I also do not intend to seek re-election at the end of my current
term (the same day as Colin).  In a few weeks, I will have been a member for
over eight years, and it is time for me to retire from Ubuntu governance.

As I have not been involved in the day-to-day development of Ubuntu for most
of my past term, my knowledge of its constraints and considerations has
grown slightly stale.  I look forward to making way for someone new to take
my place.

On Tue, Jul 09, 2013 at 09:36:43AM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
> I'd like to give advance notice that I intend to retire from the Ubuntu
> Technical Board at the end of my current term (2013-10-06 according to
> Launchpad), and do not intend to seek re-election.
>
> This isn't due to anything in particular, and I'll still be around; I've
> just served more than four years, including helping with some pretty
> major changes in our governance (for instance, when I started the
> Developer Membership Board didn't exist and none of the package set
> infrastructure was in place), and it's about time to let somebody else
> have a go.
>
> Cheers,
>
> --
> Colin Watson                                       [cjwatson at ubuntu.com]