Extending the KDE Software Collection MRE

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Mon Jul 22 19:56:57 UTC 2013

Hello Scott,

Scott Kitterman [2013-07-17 15:37 -0400]:
> For the last 2 1/2 years there has been an MRE in place for the core KDE
> Software Collection that has worked quite well.  We've delivered roughly three
> post-release updates per Ubuntu series since then without significant issues
> (we have caught a few issues in our pre-release testing, but I don't think
> there's been a problem with regressions in -updates).

I experienced several of those during my active ~ubuntu-sru time and
can confirm this.

> Based on that success, we (Kubuntu developers) would like to extend this to
> some additional packages.

> lightdm-kde (successful SRU in precise for point release)

This is the only one which we need to be really cautious about, as
breaking it for some users has disastrous effects. Everything else
seems good for me, +1 from me for MRE for these.

What kind of changes are being introduced into lightdm-kde
post-release?

Thanks,

Martin