Reg Call for new ARB members

Stéphane Graber stgraber at ubuntu.com
Tue Jan 15 15:19:56 UTC 2013

On 01/15/2013 12:28 AM, Bhavani Shankar R wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 4:45 AM, Stéphane Graber <stgraber at ubuntu.com> wrote:
>> On 12/19/2012 03:21 PM, Bhavani Shankar R wrote:
>>> Dear Stephane,
>>>
>>> With regards to the above subject, We the Application Review Board,
>>> have decided to go for another round of recruitment and the last date
>>> of applications is set at January 14th (keeping in view the holiday
>>> season coming up).
>>>
>>> We would request your help as a part of the TB to kindly help us
>>> during the election process
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've never done that side of the things but I'm happy to help.
>>
>> I guess the usual process is to send the list of nominees to the TB for
>> review, then we'll setup the CIVS poll with a reasonable voting time.
>>
>> --
>> Stéphane Graber
>> Ubuntu developer
>> http://www.ubuntu.com
>>

> Dear Stephane/Techboard.
>
> After considering the number of people interested at the end of the
> call for new ARB members yesterday, we found only one suitable nominee
> who meets the application criteria of the App Review Board.
>
> Below is Jonathan Carter's application to rejoin the ARB:
>
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/JonathanCarter/ARB-Application
>
> On behalf of the App review board,
>
> Regards,

Hi,

If the rest of the Technical Board agrees, I'd be happy to simply
re-enable Jonathan's membership on the ARB without doing the whole vote
setup thing.

The rationale here is that there's a single nominee for 3 seats
available on the board, so not really anything for the Ubuntu community
to choose from.

Jonathan was also a previous ARB member who had to step down due to
limited personal time. So I'm personally fine with his application just
like I was when he first joined the ARB in October 2011.

I'm happy to setup a usual two-weeks long CIVS poll for this, but my
feeling is that it'd be a bit of a waste of time and effort in this case.

Thoughts?

I'm planning on simply re-enabling his membership for two years on
Friday unless someone objects to it by then.

--
Stéphane Graber
Ubuntu developer