Minutes of the Technical Board meeting 2013-02-18

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Mon Feb 25 14:01:57 UTC 2013

Hello Steve, all,

Steve Langasek [2013-02-22  1:11 -0800]:

> > > So the actual quote during the meeting appears to have been:
>
> > >  <stgraber> I guess I'll be talking with slangasek on whether he'd be
> > >             happy to be a temporary flavour lead for Kylin (or have
> > >             Foundations do that) until they are familiar enough with
> > >             everything and have upload rights to do all that themselves
>
> > > As he and I haven't had that conversation yet, I don't think this has
> > > actually been agreed so far. :-)
>
> > > Can you clarify what it would mean to be "formally responsible" here?
> > > Speaking for Foundations we are interested in helping the UbuntuKylin team
> > > get up to speed and integrated into the Ubuntu developer community so they
> > > can be self-sustaining.

That's indeed how I understood it as well -- not being a temporary
team lead, but helping them with building the first set of images,
release engineering, and give them guidance how to become developers,
etc. Sponsoring packages in particular can be fanned out to the
general sponsoring process, thus should not be limited to Foundations
team members.

> I had a follow-up conversation with Stéphane on IRC, where we concluded that
> the next steps for getting UbuntuKylin on its feet should probably be:
>
>  1) get the correct uploader dev team created in launchpad
>  2) add ubuntu-core-dev to it as the only member (for now)
>  3) ask the DMB for a packageset with this new dev team as its uploading
>     group
>  4) (Foundations) help the UbuntuKylin developers prepare for applying for
>     PPU rights for this package set once it exists
>
> Would this plan meet with the TB's approval?

That seems straightforward to me, +1.

> Likewise, my understanding is that we don't have approval yet from the TB to
> begin building daily images of UbuntuKylin.  What further steps are
> necessary before we begin doing so?

I don't think we need TB approval for this. However, I suggest to
ensure with IS that we have enough storage space on the various
cdimage hosts for an additional flavour.

Thanks,

Martin