ia32-libs

Phill Whiteside PhillW at PhillW.net
Sun Dec 29 18:29:53 UTC 2013

Hi,

after coming a bit of a cropper with Her Majesties Revenue and Customs
using a 2012 tool that is only 32 bit. I have had to make a rather 'hack'
to use the raring repo [1]. What seems to be have been forgotten, is that
with the demise of Win XP etc. I was faced with the double jeopardy of and
elderly machine that cannot manage wi8n 7 / 8 etc. Can run lubuntu happily
and then we get the plug pulled for 32bit library?....

I know I have been a pain in the past and have resigned as a ubuntu member,
but driving people away from ubuntu because of dropping the library, does
seem some what self defeating.

My kindest regards,

Phill.
1.
http://askubuntu.com/questions/107230/what-happened-to-the-ia32-libs-package
P.S. Hoping you have all had a great Christmas!
--
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/phillw