Micro Release Exception request for ubuntuone package set

Rodney Dawes rodney.dawes at ubuntu.com
Wed May 30 18:54:17 UTC 2012

Hi,

I would like to request a Micro Release Exception for the
ubuntuone package set in Ubuntu, so that we may more efficiently
release SRUs to users.

While tests are not run as part of the package builds for all of
the packages in the stable Ubuntu releases as of yet, several of
the packages in the set do have tests running, and we are working
to get them all running in Quantal. Some required packages for
running the tests suites are still only in universe, and so we
will be filing MIRs to get them into main in Quantal, so that we
may have the test suites running during package builds.

In the mean time, the test suites are run for all packages which
have test suites, in the Ubuntu One Nightlies PPA [1], the test
suites are run by tarmac when merging branches into trunk, and
the stable branches as well, and Ubuntu One's QA team in Canonical
are constantly improving the additional automated integration test
suites which we have running under Jenkins. In addition, the branch
merging for Ubuntu One's series occur on the target versions of
Ubuntu for which those stable series were developed and released.
We also run our test suites in continuous integration on Windows
under Jenkins.

Please grant us this MRE, so that we can more efficiently and reliably
release updates to our Ubuntu users of Ubuntu One.

Thanks.