micro release exception for LibreOffice

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Wed Jun 13 20:58:26 UTC 2012

Replying to Kees' answer, as I didn't get Sebastien's answer.

Kees Cook [2012-06-13 13:13 -0700]:
> On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 10:05:03PM +0200, Sebastien Bacher wrote:
> > - we have regression in precise and some unfixed data loss bugs
> > - we have a SRU ready to address those (new upstream point release)
> > - the SRU team is not wanting to review that update since we don't
> > have SRU rules compliant tracking for every single commit in the
> > update and they suggested to apply for MRE

If that is the only reason why it's not accepted, then I think it
should be accepted. The SRU team did accept LibO microreleases in the
past, but judging case by case, not by a MRE.

As I pointed out in my other reply, and Kees seems to agree, it is
premature to grant an MRE for LibO given it's (for SRU standards)
rather poor SRU history. Bjoern said that future releases should
behave better, so let's give it a chance to prove itself.

Martin