Mythbuntu LTS plan

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Tue Jul 3 15:17:57 UTC 2012

Mario Limonciello [2012-06-29 15:44 -0500]:
> 1) Starting with 12.04, LTS only for Mythbuntu releases via ISO image.
> 2) We'll participate in LTS point releases, specifically for the new HW
> support coming at point releases.
> 3) We'll still participate in transitions and try to keep up with major
> bugs that are raised in the interim releases, prioritizing work on fixing
> things in LTS when possible.
> 4) We won't activate LTS->LTS upgrades until the first point release like
> Ubuntu does.
> 5) Users can still manually change upgrade options to interim releases and
> if they hit upgrade bugs we'll fix before next LTS, hopefully sooner
> depending upon priority.
>
> And then we'll review how things went after T.

This trades a stream of continuous maintenance against a rather large
hump of catching up with development every two years. But the total
amount of effort of the latter should still be smaller, so if that
approach works for you I see no reason not to try it.

So +1 from me as well.

Thanks!

Martin