Ubuntu renaming FFmpeg to libav

Kees Cook kees at ubuntu.com
Fri May 27 00:04:32 UTC 2011

Hi Reinhard,

The Ubuntu Tech Board would like to have more information about what is
happening with FFmpeg and libav. Can you shed some light on this from the
perspective of being involved in the Debian and Ubuntu renaming of ffmpeg
to libav?

BTW, I have no intention of trying to incite a flame war; we are just
interested in getting both sides of this story so we can better understand
what is going on.

Thanks,

-Kees

----- Forwarded message from Mark Shuttleworth <mark at canonical.com> -----