Measuring success/failure in the installation

Colin Watson cjwatson at ubuntu.com
Thu May 26 18:01:59 UTC 2011

On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 06:46:11PM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
> Some of my friends have been talking about the new European privacy
> legislation recently, which particularly affects web sites implementing
> cookies; but it occurred to me that it was probably general enough that
> it might have some bearing on this, so I went and checked.

Here's one analysis by (I think) an actual lawyer:

  http://www.sitecompliance.co.uk/ukcnewclaws.html

This particular metric feels quite similar to "Cookies which hold a
unique ID to enable the website accurately to count the number of visits
to the site", which this analysis reckons will require prior express
consent.