Input Required On Bug

Jono Bacon jono at ubuntu.com
Fri Mar 11 16:10:29 UTC 2011

Hi Everyone,

There is currently a discussion going on at:

    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ayatana-design/+bug/723831

Essentially the discussion involves whether we should enable the
"third-party software" installer option by default and if we do, I
suspect this would be policy change in Ubuntu as the pre-selected
checkbox would essentially enable Ubuntu to use proprietary drivers. I
am not sure though *if* this would be considered a policy change, so I
recommended that the TB weigh in to provide additional perspective.

I would appreciate if you could all visit the bug and offer your input
on whether you feel this is indeed a policy change, ad therefore
whether the TB should meet to discuss it and any possible
modifications to our policy surrounding this topic.

Thanks!

    Jono

--
Jono Bacon