Kate Stewart -> administrator of ubuntu-release?

Matt Zimmerman mdz at ubuntu.com
Thu Mar 10 09:33:55 UTC 2011

On Tue, Mar 08, 2011 at 05:41:18PM +0100, Martin Pitt wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Colin Watson [2011-03-08 16:02 +0000]:
> > Since Kate is the current Ubuntu release manager, I think it would make
> > sense for her to be an admin of ~ubuntu-release in Launchpad.  Matt said
> > he felt this ought to be a TB delegation rather than him unilaterally
> > doing it.  What do people think?
>
> I'd actually prefer to handle it similarly to ~ubuntu-sru and make TB
> the admin of teams like this, incuding ~ubuntu-release. This raises
> the question who in the community actually appoints the RM?
>
> But I have no objection of making Kate the admin of the team.

I think the TB should always be the owner of teams like this, but when the
team is mature/active enough to require membership management, admin rights
should be delegated to a team leader (e.g. the RM in this case) by the TB.

In the absence of an established mechanism for appointing the RM, it falls
to the TB to decide.

--
 - mdz