Policy proposal for partner repository

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Thu Jun 16 18:33:49 UTC 2011

Hello Nicolas, hello TB,

unfortunately we didn't get quorum in today's meeting, so let's vote
this on via email.

Nicolas Barcet [2011-06-06 16:27 +0200]:
> I have made a first pass at this and updated the proposed policy
> wiki page accordingly. As the goal of the proposal is to recommend
> using the Ubuntu policy for most areas but not block a package from
> being published unless one of the explicit rules is broken, I have
> linked to it as a "should" and listed sections where deviation is
> explicitly granted.

I like that it is expressed in terms of a delta to the standard Ubuntu
policy, although this makes it a little harder to use as a
documentation for archive admins; but as the gist of it is quite easy
to get used to (allow /opt and library crazyness, and basically ignore
copyright and license), I don't see this as a major problem.

This looks good to me, +1 from me. It's a nice refinement from the
original document you sent around earlier.

Thanks,

Martin