MicroReleaseException for Banshee SRUs

Mark Shuttleworth mark at ubuntu.com
Thu Jun 9 11:07:04 UTC 2011

Hi Loong Jin

On 09/06/11 01:38, Chow Loong Jin wrote:
>> is there a documented policy for "important and stable"? In
>> general, we like to grant these kinds of micro-release exceptions to
>> empower upstreams, but we do so only when there's consensus between us
>> and upstream on the criteria for such changes in a stable release.
> Unfortunately, we don't have such a document. Commits that are cherry-picked
> into the stable branches are done at the discretion of the core Banshee
> developers, and there is a strict, unwritten policy of "no new features" in the
> stable branch.

OK. Sounds close, but can we turn that into a strict, written policy?
And add the test process that Martin describes in his follow-up email?
That will build confidence (not only in Ubuntu but in other distros too
I imagine) in the micro-releases.
> Christopher James Halse Rogers (1):
>       StreamPositionLabel: Drop unnecessary redraws (bgo#647144)

Was this a crasher or security issue, or performance-related?

> Banshee is maintained under the ~ubuntu-cli-mono-dev packageset, and I already
> upload Banshee directly to Ubuntu, so no problem there. :-)

Excellent :-)