MicroReleaseException for Banshee SRUs

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Thu Jun 9 05:09:54 UTC 2011

Hello Chow,

Mark Shuttleworth [2011-06-08 16:33 +0100]:
> Chow Loong, is there a documented policy for "important and stable"? In
> general, we like to grant these kinds of micro-release exceptions to
> empower upstreams, but we do so only when there's consensus between us
> and upstream on the criteria for such changes in a stable release.

In particular, if there are more complex changes than five-liner crash
fixes, etc., then an MRE usually includes how upstream tests their new
stable releases -- i. e. on which distro, what kind of features,
upgrade from previous versions and existing music DBs, etc.

Do the changes to stable banshee have a similar UI/string/feature
freeze than we have in Ubuntu?

Thanks,

Martin