Policy proposal for partner repository

Matt Zimmerman mdz at canonical.com
Thu Jun 2 19:40:15 UTC 2011

On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 02:06:18PM +0100, Nicolas Barcet wrote:
> Dear members of the Ubuntu Technical Board,
>
> I have just published a proposal trying to define acceptance
> criterias for packages in the partner repository in the form of a
> wiki page [1].
>
> This is the result of discussions between various stakeholders
> within Canonical and we are now seeking your advice on the soundness
> of this proposal and eventually your formal validation in one of
> your official board meeting if you think it might be fit for it.
>
> The goal would then to publish as an official policy that we can refer
> archive administrators and partners to.
>
> Thanks a lot for your help with this.
>
> [1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PartnerRepositoryPolicy

This was discussed briefly at today's meeting, whose minutes are available
at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/TechnicalBoard/TeamReports/11/June

We didn't have enough time for a complete discussion, but two ideas came up:

1. Is there a similar policy for -extras, and if so, could these two
policies be unified? (CCing Allison who should know)

2. This policy should probably include by reference the Ubuntu Policy
Manual, which applies to all packages.  Where there are deviations or
exceptions, these should be made explicit.

--
 - mdz