Policy proposal for partner repository

Matt Zimmerman mdz at ubuntu.com
Thu Jul 28 18:40:41 UTC 2011

I seem to have missed Allison's email notifying us of this, but it looks
like this document has been merged with the ARB one, and also made
appropriately relative to the Ubuntu policy manual.  This is great!

I read over it today, and have a few comments:

- 4.5 Copyright - this seems to be saying that debian/copyright is not
  required if a distribution agreement is signed.  Why is that?  I think
  it's useful and appropriate to still have debian/copyright, particularly
  where some free software is included in the package.

- In a couple of places, the language "the maintainer will choose how he
  will..." is used (or similar).  Please use gender neutral language
  instead (I suggest "how they will").

Otherwise it looks sane and reasonable to me, and I would approve it if the
above are resolved.

--
 - mdz