Brainstorm review preparation

Colin Watson cjwatson at ubuntu.com
Thu Aug 25 14:53:09 UTC 2011

Belatedly, here's my hit list for this quarter's brainstorm review.
Please look it over and let me know if you have suggestions.

Once it's stable (or if I don't get any feedback) I'll proceed with
approaching the suggested representatives and ask around for suggestions
where I'm unsure.

1. Unity Dash - Contact Lens
http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/27584/
Suggested response type: Blueprint
Suggested representative: Neil Patel

2. Brand new default sound pack
http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/27481/
Suggested response type: Look into community participation programme?
Suggested representative: Jono Bacon

3. Option for setting separate music and video player
http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/27730/
Suggested response type: This appears to be fixed in Oneiric (System
Settings -> System Info -> Default Applications has both Music and Video
settings).  Review comments and, if appropriate, describe the change and
close the item.
Suggested representative: Sebastien Bacher

4. Superuser windows should differ from user windows
http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/27378/
Suggested response type: Blueprint
Suggested representative: Otto Greenslade

5. Place for new users to see Ubuntu version
http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/27460/
Suggested response type: Usability analysis
Suggested representative: John Lea

6. Volume adjustments for headphone use
http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/27275/
Suggested response type: Decide on the correct behaviour and what to do
next
Suggested representative: Luke Yelavich

7. Make it easier to find appropriate software to handle a file
http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/28148/
Suggested response type: I believe this is on the roadmap
(https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SoftwareCenter#Launching_via_file_of_unknown_type);
refer to this and suggest how people might go about making this happen
Suggested representative: Michael Vogt

8. Merge Jockey into Software Center
http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/28205/
Suggested response type: Discuss how this might fit into the roadmap;
blueprint?
Suggested representative: Matthew Paul Thomas

9. Pop-up alert on low battery
http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/28037/
Suggested response type: Find out if this is still applicable; if so,
decide what to do next
Suggested representative: Martin Pitt

10. Disk space remaining indicator in Unity launcher
http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/28045/
Suggested response type: Ensure bug filed; mentoring opportunity?
Suggested representative: Tim Penhey