Need new linaro kernel flavour

Michael Bienia michael at bienia.de
Mon Aug 15 20:09:38 UTC 2011

On 2011-08-15 11:12:16 -0600, John Rigby wrote:
> This sounds like an excellent idea.  What do I need to do to make this
> happen.

Just write a e-mail to the DMB, add it to the agenda for the next
meeting and be there to present it.

> Also is there some way to do wildcarding?  For example we may
> want to do renaming of platforms or add new linaro platforms so approval
> for simply linux-linaro-* would be great.

Sort of. It's not possible to implement the wildcard in LP (the package
set itself) but it's possible to get a package set approved based on the
wildcard. Once new (or renamed) packages are in the archive they can get
added to the package set by the package set owner (most likely the DMB):
file a simple bug requesting it (and assign the DMB to it) or grab
someone on IRC or write an e-mail. No meeting it needed as long as it
matches the approved wildcard for the package set.

Michael