Status of Lubuntu

Julien Lavergne gilir at ubuntu.com
Thu Apr 28 22:27:37 UTC 2011

Le Wednesday 27 April 2011 à 08:57 +0100, Mark Shuttleworth a écrit :
> Hi Julien
>
> Thanks for writing to us and for the great work and progress of Lubuntu
> in the past 2 years. The fact that you are now 100% in the archive, and
> using PPA's and other tools effectively, makes it possible for us to
> consider recognising Lubuntu as an official part of the project.
Thank you. Let me know if you need more information for this
recognition.

> Other folk on the TB are in a better position to comment on the ISO
> building and bug tracker tools.
There are several parts in this. For ISO building, some changes are
needed in the archives (I could prepare some of them), but there is also
changes on server side, which, I think, need an official "Go" from the
board. When it will be OK, I can start pinging and working with the
right people to make this happen.

> From my perspective, I see no problem in providing Lubuntu with the
> means to book sessions at UDS, and for us to call attention to Lubuntu
> in the project release notes. On the UDS front, it's possibly not too
> late to enable this for Lubuntu at UDS in Budapest next month, and I've
> cc'd Jorge and Jono for comment on that.
Thanks, I'll try to book 1 or 2 sessions if it's still possible. Jorge
kindly answered, with the details, so I'll proceed with this.

Regards,
Julien Lavergne