micro release exception for bzr

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Tue Sep 21 18:05:17 BST 2010

Hello Martin,

Martin Pool [2010-09-20 12:08 +1000]:
> Thanks, everyone.  Since there do not seem to be any objections, would
> one of you please add bzr to
> <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StableReleaseUpdates/MicroReleaseExceptions>?

The request was approved by the TB today, so I added it.

The permission is coupled to those conditions:

 * The test suite gets re-enabled during package builds.
 * SRU verification should include tunning the tests in an installed system.

For the latter, can you please give us some instructions how to do
that? Is it enough to run "bzr selftest" or should this also add some
options for plugins, etc.? It should be noted that this currently
fails, so for lucid/maverick SRUs we should probably just compare the
test result output.

However, it would be nice if the test would fully succeed. I assume
you are developing bzr on Ubuntu, do you have any test failures
locally?

> I infer that even after we're added, we should keep nominating
> figurehead bugs to kick off each individual SRU?

Yes, please. We need a bug to document the testing, etc.

> I think it's worth giving it a go, because we have fixed a good number
> of timing or environment-dependency test suite bugs.  Perhaps I should
> propose a change in Natty that turns it back on?
> [...]
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/bzr/+bug/644015

That'd be nice. It would also be great if we could enable it for
lucid/maverick SRUs as well? Is it easy/possible to suppress tests
which can't succeed in the buildd environment, such as the ones
involving the network?

Thanks,

Martin