Brainstorm proposal

Matt Zimmerman mdz at ubuntu.com
Tue Sep 7 09:30:04 BST 2010

On Mon, Sep 06, 2010 at 07:23:09PM +0100, Mark Shuttleworth wrote:
> Would it be reasonable to put one brainstorm item on the TB agenda for
> discussion each TB meeting? It wouldn't require quorum, and be a way to
> get a pulse reading on the item (identifying differences of opinion
> within the TB) so whoever's writing up the response can factor that in.
> Also avoids having a big pile of them at a particular point in the release.
>
> I think having the quarterly cadence is useful, and wrapping up the
> it would be a win if we can avoid a "we need to consider these 20 things
> by next week" moment.

Spreading the work out more would be convenient, but I don't see an obvious
way to do that while still working with fresh and representative data.  In
practice, since this will be a scheduled event for each cycle, it will be
"we know we will need to consider 20 things during this time" and "now we
need to do those 20 things we planned to do during this time" so it may not
be so bad.  I think we can spread it out over a few weeks each quarter, and
not cram it into a single week.

--
 - mdz