Appointing a Launchpad Stakeholder for Ubuntu

Emmet Hikory persia at ubuntu.com
Mon Nov 22 19:30:57 GMT 2010

Technical Board,
    Launchpad development is, in part, directed by discussions between
the Launchpad Stakeholders.  In discussions with Marjo, he advised me
that firstly, he was the sole representative of Ubuntu at these
meetings, and secondly that he found his responsibilities to Ubuntu to
sometimes be in conflict with his other responsibilities as a
Launchpad Stakeholder.  He and I separately spoke with Francis about
how to ensure that Launchpad Stakeholders could have an accurate view
of the needs of Ubuntu, and came to the conclusion that it would be
ideal if the Technical Board could nominate some individual to
participate in the Launchpad Stakeholder process, gather and express
the requirements of Ubuntu to the Launchpad team, and report back to
the Ubuntu team what work Launchpad was likely to complete in the next
while, and what work needed additional development effort from Ubuntu
or others to complete in a timely manner.

    I've contacted a number of Ubuntu Developers who either I or one
of those I contacted felt might be appropriate for this role, and of
those I canvassed, the following expressed interest and willingness to
fill this role:

Bryce Harrington
Scott James Remnant
Paul Sladen

    I would like to request that the Technical Board, possibly after
further discussion with Francis, appoint one of these, or another
Ubuntu Developer of their choosing to represent Ubuntu to the
Launchpad Stakeholders.  I further request that the Technical Board
review this role annually or semi-annually to ensure that the
representative has been serving the interests of Ubuntu, and is able
and willing to continue in the role.

    Thank you.

--
Emmet HIKORY