resize of root filesystem from 15G to 10G for new ec2 ebs images

Scott Moser smoser at ubuntu.com
Thu Nov 4 16:32:26 GMT 2010

On Thu, 4 Nov 2010, Scott James Remnant wrote:

> Is there a technical dispute about this change?
>
> To me this seems like a simple engineering decision on behalf of the
> development team responsible, and not one that the Technical Board need to
> bless or indeed approve.

The only reason I thought that I should get approval somewhere is that I'm
proposing to make this change to a Stable Release (10.04 and 10.10).
Normally, for a package change, that would go through an SRU, but no
packages are involved here.

For Natty, I made the change yesterday to resize the default volume to 10G.