Brainstorm review 2010Q3

Matt Zimmerman mdz at ubuntu.com
Wed Nov 3 13:21:26 GMT 2010

Based on our discussion at the meeting yesterday, here is the "hit list" for
this month's brainstorm review.  Please look it over and let me know if you
have suggestions.

Once it's stable (or if I don't get any feedback) I'll proceed with
approaching the suggested representatives and ask around for suggestions
where I'm unsure.

1. Power management
http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/24782/
Suggested response type: Acknowledge room for improvement, highlight ongoing work
Suggested representative: Amit Kucheria

2. IP address conflicts
http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/25648/
Suggested response type: How big a problem is this really?  Can we collect
data on how many users we would help if we fixed this?
Suggested representative: Someone from the desktop or foundations team?

3. Automatically select the username in gdm if there is only one choice
http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/6974/
Suggested response type: Blueprint
Suggested representative: Martin Pitt

4. Different icon for .deb packages
http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/25197/
Suggested response type: Pass on feedback to upstream icon designer, solicit
alternative icons
Suggested representative: Matthew Paul Thomas

5. Keeping the time accurate over the Internet by default
http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/25301/
Suggested response type: We already do this upon connecting to the network,
but the user interface does not reveal this and causes confusion.  Could we
fix it?
Suggested representative: Colin Watson

6. More detail in GNOME system monitor
http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/25887/
Suggested response type: Mentoring opportunity
Suggested representative: Someone from the desktop team?

7. Help the user understand when closing a window does not close the app
http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/25801/
Suggested response type: Blueprint
Suggested representative: Martin Pitt

8. Ubuntu Software Centre Removal of Configuration Files
http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/24963/
Suggested response type: Decide on the correct behavior and what to do next
Suggested representative: Michael Vogt

9. Is difficult to see Ubuntu One sync progress
http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/25417/
Suggested response type: Usability analysis
Suggested representative: John Lenton

10. Multimedia performance
http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/24878/
Suggested response type: Acknowledge room for improvement, proposal for
measurement and regression avoidance
Suggested representative: Allison Randal

--
 - mdz