ubuntu-drivers revisited (Re: my membership in ubuntu-drivers is about to expire)

Jonathan Lange jml at canonical.com
Tue May 25 19:15:57 BST 2010

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 2:13 PM, Matt Zimmerman <mdz at canonical.com> wrote:
> I didn't hear back from anyone on this, and lost track of it meanwhile.
> What can be done about this problem?
>
> (please follow up to technical-board at lists.ubuntu.com)

Hello Matt, Marjo, Technical Board,

As far as I'm aware, the Launchpad team hasn't done anything to create
the new permission structures you need.

Each month, we seek input from each of the key stakeholders in
Launchpad, asking them what we should do next. If you would like to
get this done, your best bet is to convince the Platform team's
representative, Marjo, to convince us then. I'll also make a note to
make sure it gets considered.

FWIW, at the last meeting, we prioritized Software Center work for
Maverick and a more efficient build farm ahead of this permissions
restructuring, which in fact was not raised as an issue.

This is a new process, and we are working out the kinks (in
particular, it needs to be way more visible). However, I'm pretty
confident that it's going to be a great way for people to ask for
stuff and then *actually get it*.

jml