Request for standing FFe for Chromium

Jorge O. Castro jorge at ubuntu.com
Wed May 5 23:16:58 BST 2010

Hi Tech board!

The Google Chrome team just recently released a new beta, and people
have been requesting for the corresponding Chromium build in Ubuntu.
fta has explained[1] how the Chrome release process works. At the
browser session at the last UDS we decided that Chromium should have
the same kind of policy that firefox has, that is the ability to just
upload the latest stable however I don't think this was ever finalized
by the tech board. I don't know if it was ever proposed, so I am just
communicating Fabien's concern since users keep asking him when it
will get updated in Lucid and I guess he was under the impression that
we would just be putting in the updates as they came from upstream.

At some point we'll also need to switch the package in the archive to
follow the -stable channel when that is finished.

[1] https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/chromium-browser/+bug/561510/comments/0

--
Jorge Castro
jorge (at) ubuntu.com