Confusing intertwining of Ubuntu Development teams for Membership

Benj. Mako Hill mako at atdot.cc
Sun Mar 7 20:29:07 GMT 2010

<quote who="Emmet Hikory" date="Thu, Mar 04, 2010 at 07:16:05PM +0900">
>     The current structure is as follows:
<snip />

Wow! That is confusing.

>     My suggestion of the organisation for documentation purposes would
> be as follows:
<snip />

That sounds reasonable, as far as I can follow. Another option would be
to think about removing a couple of these groups that seem to act only
as umbrella groups. It's clear what the best candidate would be but that
would be fine.

> 1) Make Ubuntu Developers (~ubuntu-dev) a member of Ubuntu
> Contributing Developers (~universe-contributors)

Is that right?

>     Note that making these changes will result in slightly incorrect
> documentation

In any case, we can update the documentation.

Later,
Mako

--
Benjamin Mako Hill
mako at atdot.cc
http://mako.cc/

Creativity can be a social contribution, but only in so far
as society is free to use the results. --GNU Manifesto