Possible SRU Regression

Scott Kitterman ubuntu at kitterman.com
Fri Jun 11 04:53:49 BST 2010

I'm emailing the tech board, per https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StableReleaseUpdates,
but not raising an immediate red flag on #ubuntu-devel because while I believe
I have discovered a post-release SRU regression, I can't point to which update
caused it and it's been going on for some time already.  The bug in question
is https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/packagekit/+bug/586497

I had seen this bug mentioned before, but wasn't sure what the root of it was.
I had it occur on two different machines today that have never (AFAIK, I've
always had to install security updates manually) had it happen before.

I've reviewed the update related packages that packagekit and kpackagekit
depend on and cannot find a likely candidate.  OTOH, I have this happen today
on two machines, six weeks after release.  I find it difficult to believe that
there has not been some posts release change that is the root of it.

Scott K