New Process Review: Post App Release Process

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Thu Jul 15 13:33:57 BST 2010

Matt Zimmerman [2010-07-15 13:24 +0100]:
> On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 12:12:40PM +0200, Martin Pitt wrote:
> >  * I don't quite understand the purpose of the "The process only
> >    applies to a specific version of an application" limitation. Does
> >    that mean that the process has to be re-done for each version bump?
> >    If software-center merely gets a link to the PPA, or a package name
> >    in a PPA, then the developer can just upload newer versions?
>
> I think this means that it can be used to add a new application, but not
> update an existing one.

Hm, this sounds different to me. If that's what is meant, then perhaps
the wording should be cleared?

> I suggested to Jono that we just refer to an existing document used for
> package reviews.  If there isn't one, we should probably create one at this
> point rather than duplicating this policy.

We link to those from the ArchiveAdministration page:

 https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PackagingGuide/Basic#NewPackages
 https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PackagingGuide/Basic#Copyright
 http://ftp-master.debian.org/REJECT-FAQ.html

Martin