Default Search Change

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Tue Jan 26 09:26:06 GMT 2010

2010/1/26 Jono Bacon <jono at ubuntu.com>:
> I wanted to drop you a note to inform you of two changes that are being planned for Lucid that could generate some discussion for your respective councils.

Thanks for the heads up.

> If you have any questions or queries surrounding this move, don't hesitate in getting in touch with Rick Spencer<rick.spencer at canonical.com>   (head of the Ubuntu Desktop Team) or myself.

The last time the search options were played with (during the dev
cycle, not on release) there was a mini-uproar. One point which was
raised and never (as far as I can tell) answered, was the question of
the data being sent from $search_provider to Canonical.

Other than revenue data, what specific data about our users is going
to be sent back from Yahoo/Google to Canonical?

Cheers,
Al.