Kubuntu Unseeded Packages Team

Jonathan Riddell jriddell at ubuntu.com
Tue Feb 23 15:38:39 GMT 2010

With MOTU becoming QA for packages not in packagesets it seems to be
sensible to create packagesets around functioning teams.  For Kubuntu
we have kubuntu-dev for seeded packages, so I'd like to suggest a
similar team for upload rights to unseeded Qt/KDE packages.  Would the
tech board approve of such a team and what are the technical means
that could define such a package set?  (I'd suggest packages which
build-dep on qt or kde and aren't in seeds.)

I'd also like to comment on the current packageset for kubuntu-dev.
It contains a number of packages with little interest to us such as
gtkspell.  There are also some notable missing packages such as
qt4-x11 and kde4libs.  This significantly limits the usefulness of
kubuntu-dev to us

Jonathan

38 (1F2) Temple Park Crescent |  jr at jriddell.org
Edinburgh                     |  http://www.jriddell.org
EH11 1HU, Scotland            |  07941 938912
     Kubuntu  http://www.kubuntu.org  Pure KGX