Ubuntu IRC Council Access level in #ubuntu-devel

Jussi Schultink jussi01 at ubuntu.com
Tue Feb 23 11:13:12 GMT 2010

Hello All,

Just a quick note regarding the UbuntuIrcCouncil nick's level of access in
#ubuntu-devel.

With the access lists now being managed through launchpad, (as discussed at
UDS Dallas) we need to have the ability to manage the access lists all the
core and core devel channels. Current operators with access list
manipulation rights will retain this ability through being made admins of
the LP groups.

While we can manage to change this with no issues through freenode, it is
always preferable to go through channel contacts, so as people are aware of
changes. If one of you with +f or +F access in #ubuntu-devel (cjwatson,
thom, mdz or keybuk) could please run the following IRC command:

/msg chanserv flags #ubuntu-devel UbuntuIrcCouncil +votiAf

You can see the Kubuntu devel email sent as explanation for this here:
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/kubuntu-devel/2010-January/003963.html

The reasoning for the flags +votiAf is because a +f can only add flags that
it possesses, and +votiA is freenode's own suggested op access level. (see:
http://freenode.net/using_the_network.shtml ).

We need this sorted by March 3, as that is when the expiry of operators in
launchpad happens, and access lists may need to be manipulated.

Thank you for your time

Jussi Schultink and the IRC Council.