Establishing a CLI package set

Iain Lane laney at ubuntu.com
Tue Feb 23 10:58:43 GMT 2010

Dear members of the Technical Board,

Inspired by Emmet's recent mail to ubuntu-motu[0], I would like to propose
the creation of a package set for all CLI (~ mono) related packages.

This is a set of packages for which the coordination betwen Debian and
Ubuntu is very close and well-defined. Indeed it is a matter of pride that
packages stay in sync between the two distributions. It is my
understanding that this kind of delegation is one of the motivations
behind the package set/archive reorganisation effort.

The packages involved are, to a large extent, homogenous. They form a very
neat closed set, and present their own unique challenges which are well
understood by the members of the packaging team in Debian. The teams are
active and energetic.

I would expect that membership approvals for the team be delegated by the
TB to the DMB, as there will be no formal governance structure in place.

This seems like an ideal case for the establishment of a package set.

For information, the packages involved will be:
   antlr
   autopano-sift
   avahi-sharp
   banshee
   banshee-alarm-extension
   banshee-coverwallpaper
   banshee-extension-mirage
   bansheelyricsplugin
   bareftp
   beagle
   beagle-xesam
   blam
   bless
   boo
   cecil
   cecil-flowanalysis
   coco-cs
   cowbell
   db4o
   dfo
   drapes
   evolution-sharp
   f-spot
   fsgateway
   galaxium
   gbrainy
   gdata-sharp
   gdcm
   gfax
   giver
   gluezilla
   gmime2.2
   gmime2.4
   gnome-desktop-sharp2
   gnome-do
   gnome-do-docklets
   gnome-do-plugins
   gnome-keyring-sharp
   gnome-rdp
   gnome-sharp2
   gnome-subtitles
   graphmonkey
   gsf-sharp
   gshare
   gtk-sharp2
   gtkglarea-sharp
   gtwitter
   hipo
   hyena
   ikvm
   indicator-application
   ipod-sharp
   ironpython
   kdebindings
   last-exit
   lat
   launchpad-integration
   libanculus-sharp
   libflickrnet
   libkarma
   log4net
   longomatch
   mistelix
   mono
   mod-mono
   mono-addins
   mono-basic
   mono-debugger
   mono-fuse
   mono-tools
   mono-uia
   mono-uia-atkbridge
   mono-uia-winforms
   mono-zeroconf
   monobristol
   monodevelop
   monodevelop-boo
   monodevelop-database
   monodevelop-debugger-gdb
   monodevelop-debugger-mdb
   monodevelop-java
   monodevelop-python
   monodevelop-vala
   muine
   muinescrobbler
   mysql-connector-net
   mysql-connector-net-5.0
   nant
   ndesk-dbus
   ndesk-dbus-glib
   nemerle
   nini
   njb-sharp
   nlog
   notify-sharp
   nunit
   openbve
   podsleuth
   semweb
   smartirc4net
   smuxi
   sublib
   sysinfo
   taglib-sharp
   tangerine
   taoframework
   tasque
   thelastripper
   themonospot
   tomboy
   tomboy-blogposter
   tomboy-latex
   virtuoso-opensource
   webkit-sharp
   xsp
   yahtzeesharp
   youtranslate
   zeroc-ice

There is some crossover with other package sets, notably with mono itself,
tomboy and f-spot. I do not expect this to be a problem, as the same
individuals maintain the packages in Debian (to a greater or lesser
extent).

I nominate initial members to be the following set of Ubuntu developers,
if they so wish it (Launchpad IDs):
   sebner
   directhex
   raof