Kernels built - copy to -proposed?

Brad Figg brad.figg at canonical.com
Sat Dec 4 16:30:23 GMT 2010

On 12/04/2010 02:24 AM, Martin Pitt wrote:
> Hello Brad,
>
> Brad Figg [2010-12-03  8:13 -0800]:
>> We are building using a non-virtualized ppa builder which is configured
>> to only have a build dependency for -security in the same manner that
>> the security team builds with.
>
> So, frankly I still don't quite see why this two-staged approach is
> necessary now, but if it works better for you, then ok. However, as I
> said we need to reenginer the review tools to work with PPAs first.
>
> Martin

Martin,

As I tried to explain in my previous reply. This is done because the -proposed
uploads also contain CVEs. Once the -proposed passes our verefication, certification
and regression testing and is ready to go to -updates, it can also be pocket
copied to -security. It is my understanding that had we built this in the
normal manner, the resulting package could not be just copied to the -security
pocket.

Maybe part of the problem here is that I'm not explaining it clearly.

Brad
--
Brad Figg brad.figg at canonical.com http://www.canonical.com