Process for providing security updates for chromium-browser

Rick Spencer rick.spencer at canonical.com
Wed Aug 18 20:36:29 BST 2010

On Wed, 2010-08-18 at 19:54 +0100, Chris Coulson wrote:
> Hi!
>
> On Wed, 2010-08-18 at 19:21 +0200, Martin Pitt wrote:
> > Hello Chris,
> >
> > Chris Coulson [2010-08-18 13:38 +0100]:
> > > I'm currently working on trying to get Chromium in to main for Maverick,
> >
> > For the records, can you please point out why we need to have it in
> > main, especially after feature freeze?
> >
> Jorge's announcement of postponing Chromium-on-UNE [1] says that it will
> still be supported in main for Maverick. In any case, whether we decide
> to ship in main now or postpone to Natty, I'd really like to try and get
> a working process in place now and have experience of using that process
> before we consider shipping it by default.
We can handle the announcement that unfortunately we won't be able to
provide support in main for chromium in maverick. I don't think that
will be a problem.

In any case, I agree that you should continue on figuring out how we
will support it when the time comes that we are able to get it into
main.

Cheers, Rick