Process for providing security updates for chromium-browser

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Wed Aug 18 18:23:23 BST 2010

Mark Shuttleworth [2010-08-18 14:09 +0100]:
>  On 18/08/10 13:38, Chris Coulson wrote:
> > 2) The updates to the Chromium stable branch are purely for security
> > fixes, with features only appearing in new major versions (every 6
> > weeks). Mozilla tend to mix new features and other bug fixes in to their
> > regular security updates (eg, introducing out-of-process plugins in to
> > the 3.6.4 update, which was quite a major feature addition for a regular
> > security update)
>
> Chromium sounds better aligned to the way we like things, in this case.

Hm, it seems to be quite the opposite to me: While Firefox gets a
major release every 6 months and microversions only every month or so,
we get major new versions of Chromium every 1.5 months, i. e. at
roughly the same frequency as the Firefox microversions.

Martin