State of the List

Paul Tagliamonte paultag at ubuntu.com
Mon May 31 20:52:31 BST 2010

Hey all,

So, I figured it has been a while, everyone has stewed over
everything, and I think we all have some perspective on what we use
this list for.

Two items of ( relative ) importance:
The first -- dholbach -- Have we moved to LP? I really feel bad that
you have to do so much work to just keep this list active. No sense in
duplicating lists in two different systems IMHO :)

The second is that I think that we should define what the list does.
Nothing over the top ( or strict! ) just a brief overview.

Here is my take:

I think that we should reserve this channel of communication for
"pushing" notifications to other teams. It would be nice to know when
another team implements a new policy ( never know how it affects the
other teams! ).

Now, I'm not talking about let it six for 2 months at a time, but not
high-volume either. It would be cool to have a condensed report after
a big meeting or something.

I'd also like to see this set to be an asset for the Community
Council. It might help to hash stuff out with the "pool" of council
members before it's up for community discussion ( after all most of us
can predict how our segment of the community will react, no sense in
making long email threads longer ).

Just my two cents,
Tag

--