[storm] What about MondoDB?

Eduardo Willians edujurista at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 22:17:47 GMT 2010

> I'm curious about the outcome of this.  I don't have enough knowledge
> about MongoDB at this point to tell you how well the abstractions in
> Storm will work with it, but we can certainly try to help you with
> specific issues, and I will personally be curious about the outcome of
> your experiment.  Even if it turns out to not be a great fit, the
> analysis will be worth having.

Well, well, I've been studying storm's code.

It would be more dificult than I expected. It seems to me that It's
quite impossible to do that wihout changing storm-core, once that
storm was built upon SQL way. As I was taking mongoengine code as
parameter, I didnt thought storm was so heavy content.

I can't imagine a way to just build a backend layer for mongo, in this
case we would have to create an SQL--Mongo converter.

Another way would be to create a big 'layer' to emulate store-objects,
including another almost entire new ORM appended to convert mongo
types. A terrible workaround.

So the only option would be creating a higher abstraction layer and
making current implementation derivate from it, and then derivating
the mongo bridge with Storm's ideas and ways.

But changing a well-tested core-code is unacceptable.

So, does anyone have another idea?

Thanks

Eduardo Willians