[storm] No exception raised when hitting database locking error

Steve Kieu msh.computing at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 01:34:56 GMT 2010

Hello every one,

I have an application which does many update in a different set  of record
to the same table. With PostgreSQL if run from multiple host at the same
time the server return message:
could not serialize access due to *concurrent
update*<http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CCQQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Farchives.postgresql.org%2Fpgsql-novice%2F2007-08%2Fmsg00046.php&rct=j&q=postgres%20concurrent%20update&ei=pGsJTcnqMcjRrQf94PHUDg&usg=AFQjCNGLwGwNMR71zA9IBvR9KmNSpb_tzA&sig2=qApVEBE6DX7-uy8g8RJWGQ&cad=rja>but
does not throw any Exception - I wish I can catch this after store.commit()
and process (re commit again or rollback etc)

With MySQL InnoDB the same problem (it says something about deadlock and
quit) and no exception is thrown from storm.

Is it good to throw exception in that case? Currently I have to use
wherether no transactions (use MyISAM is fine, or in postgres, commit
every-time I update an object). Another possibility is to wrap the py script
in a bash shell check the text output and re run script again if failed -
which is not a good thing IMHO

Many thanks for your time and help,

--
Steve Kieu