[storm] using odbc as a backend

Brad Allen ballen at zeomega.com
Fri Mar 6 20:16:39 GMT 2009

On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 1:39 PM, James Henstridge <james at jamesh.id.au> wrote:

> There are backends for MS SQL and Oracle in development that might be
> helpful, but neither has been merged.

There are discussions underway involving the two MS SQL backend
branches; I hope we can consolidate the two, get them into a state of
passing all unit tests, and be accepted into trunk.

The branch I'm using is designed to support more than one form of
database connectivity; currently we have it working with two different
kinds: mxODBC and mxODBC Connect. There are hooks for others such as
pyodbc but they are not implemented yet.

Jeremy, if by chance you are working with MS SQL, let me know; I would
like to add that pyodbc option to the mssql_connector module.

--
ZeOmega
Open Minds' Open Solutions

Brad Allen