[storm] Fwd: How to set isolation level in storm

Jamu Kakar jkakar at kakar.ca
Fri Jun 19 18:54:24 BST 2009

Oops, forgot to use Reply-All.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jamu Kakar <jkakar at kakar.ca>
Date: Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 10:53 AM
Subject: Re: [storm] How to set isolation level in storm
To: kanika vats <kanika.krikan at gmail.com>

Hi Kanika,

On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 10:12 AM, kanika vats <kanika.krikan at gmail.com> wrote:
> You have told me how to set isolation level in the beg (when uri
> is being passed) but how can we do so(setting the isolation level
> as well as finding the existing isolation level) later
> on....thanks in advance :)

You need to run the appropriate SQL commands, which will depend on
the backend you're using.  For PostgreSQL you can use the following
commands:

store.execute("SHOW transaction_isolation")

and

store.execute("SET transaction_isolation TO serializable")

The result returned by the SHOW query will be a single-column with a
string identifying the type of isolation currently being used.

Thanks,
J.