[storm] How to set isolation level in storm

Jamu Kakar jkakar at kakar.ca
Thu Jun 18 19:04:29 BST 2009

Hi Kanika,

On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 10:45 AM, kanika vats<kanika.krikan at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am new to storm,I am having difficulties in finding proper documentation
> about setting isolation level in storm.Can anyone please guide me for
> equivalent expression in storm for these postgresql statements:
>
> 1) conn.isolation_level
> 2)conn.set_isolation_level()
>
> where conn = psycopg2.connect(host='', database='', user='', password='')
>
> If I missed this thing somewhere in the documentation please let me know,
> also please don't mind if the solution of this question is too obvious as I
> am new to storm.

Welcome to Storm! :) You can specify the isolation level in the URI
you pass to create_database, for example:

postgres://user:password@host/database?isolation=autocommit
postgres://user:password@host/database?isolation=read-committed

There's a general expectation in Storm that you will be using
serializable isolation, so you'll probably want to a bit careful if
you use something other than that.

Thanks,
J.